[BLDG-SIM] TAS - Any Users?

Spillane, Damien D.Spillane at ldn.cjp.co.uk
Wed Nov 7 06:36:00 PST 2001

Greetings the UK,
I have recently subscribed to the list, and am greatly intrigued by it's
content.
I have been successfully using EDSL's TAS building simulation software for
the past 2 years, and have had some exposure to a number of other simulation
packages including IES Facet (UK) and IDA ICE (Sweden).
However, I would love to hear the advantages of the US simulation software
programs, specifically DOE and TRNSYS over for instance TAS from someone
whom has used both programs.
In other words, what (and why) is the definitive building/energy simulation
program?
So far TAS is number one for me, while it's interface is archaic it is
robust and flexible in a modelling sense, it is excellent for low energy
designs and allows innovate plant modelling (apart from waterside).
Is there any other TAS users on the list?
Thanks
Damien

Damien Spillane
Cundall Johnston & Partners