[Bldg-sim] Residential loads

Familia Ordenes ordenes at ctcinternet.cl
Fri Aug 9 07:17:22 PDT 2002

 Hi,
I am studying the energy performance for residential projects in order to modify the present laws that rule in my country. To do my research, I am using PowerDOE as a energy simulation tool, but unfortunately I don't have any information to compare my results with.

I would like to know if you have an estimation for the heating and cooling space loads for residential projects (hopefully in kWh /m2) and the impact of using a thermal insulation (5 cm => R value=1,25 m2 K/W).

The main characteristics of the houses are:

Locations:  Santiago (33 ° lat and 800 degree days), Concepción (36 ° lat and 1100 degree days) and Punta Arenas (56 ° lat and 2000 degree days)

Area: 32 m2

Wall construction: clay brick and timber frame

Air exchange rate:  2 air change per hour

Any observations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Martín Ordenes M.
Departamento de Ingeniería y Gestión de la Construcción.
Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile.