[Bldg-sim] Weather data conversion tools?

Michael J. Witte mjwitte at gard.com
Fri Jun 7 07:22:49 PDT 2002

On 28 May 2002, at 15:40, Shefali Rajendra Modi wrote:

> I am studying was unable to generate a report which included the specific
> heat load inside a space. I have not specified any mechanical system and
> am simply studying the heat load through different types of glass
> surfaces. How do I decide the different output paramters in EP
> terminology.

The EnergyPlus *.rdd file lists all available output variables for a
given idf file.  Since the heat gain into a zone is going to depend
on the zone temperature, you need to control the zone to the desired
setpoint.  The simplest way to do this is in EnergyPlus is with
"purchased air" which is essentially an infinite source of hot or
cold air.  The purchased air "system" will report total heating and
cooling loads for the space.  For component loads, such as the heat
gain just through a window, see the *.rdd file for a list of
reportable components.

Mike Witte

EnergyPlus Testing and Support
EnergyPlus-Support at gard.com