[Bldg-sim] zip code to weather file

Jon McHugh mchugh at h-m-g.com
Wed Jun 5 14:53:54 PDT 2002

Jason et al;

For California, there is a database of cities and the corresponding climate zone mapping.  Each climate zone has an approved weather file for performing energy code compliance calculations.  These files are in WYEC2 format (but no illuminance data).

I have attached the MS Excel file that maps 600 California cities to their appropriate climate zone.  This file was exported from the "City List" table in the California Non-Residential New Construction [NRNC] Characteristics Database.  This database has a publication ID # of 3522, and can be found on the CALMAC (California DSM Measurement Advisory Committee) website - http://www.calmac.org.

Jon McHugh, PE, LC
Heschong Mahone Group
11626 Fair Oaks Blvd #302
Fair Oaks, CA 95628 (Sacramento)