[bldg-sim] VAV control of underfloor air

Robert Lord rgl.lsbris at lincolne.com.au
Sun Nov 3 14:54:58 PST 2002

A typical design is to zone the floor compartment according to aspect and allow the individuals to adjust the swirls.
There are only a handful of large VAVs and the fan speed is varied according to duct static pressure (not plenum pressure).

In most instances, I have found that the internal rate of return is between 30% & 50% and hence is a good investment. I am sure VSD pricing and energy pricing varies but a point to note is that the RH control is improved.

Good luck!

Rob Lord