[BLDG-SIM] DOE Shading Question

Wade McLaughlin wmclaughlin at dmiinc.com
Wed Apr 9 08:14:23 PDT 2003

In DOE-2, I'm a little unsure about how to use the Visual-Transmittance schedule with Shading and Daylight Dimming.

Does the Visual-Transmittance schedule define the transmittance for the shading device (and window) for the portion of the window covered by the device (defined by the Shading-Schedule)?

i.e. Do I define the VT value as if the entire window were covered by the shade, and DOE takes care of the rest using the Shading-Schedule?

Or...

Does it define the effective visual transmittance for the entire window?

i.e. Do I need to define the effective VT for the entire window considering the shading fraction for each hour (taking the Shading-Schedule into account, which I've already defined)?

As usual, many thanks,
Wade

Wade McLaughlin
DMI