[bldg-sim] Residential building types

Chip Barnaby cbarnaby at wrightsoft.com
Mon Dec 15 07:49:18 PST 2003

Greetings --

We (Wrightsoft) are trying to assemble a set of residential building
descriptions that represent the common house types found in the U. S.  The
goal is to provide our Right-Suite Residential users with example projects
for the house types they are likely to encounter.

Is anyone aware of a systematic categorization of the U.S. housing
stock?   Ideally, we would want some example floor plans for each
type.  Note that we don't need detailed statistics on the population or
regional distribution of each type ... the question is more one of "field
guide to U. S. residential buildings."

Thanks for any help.

Chip Barnaby

Chip Barnaby                   cbarnaby at wrightsoft.com
Vice President of Research
Wrightsoft Corp.               781-862-8719 x118 voice
394 Lowell St, Suite 12        781-861-2058 fax
Lexington, MA 02420            www.wrightsoft.com