[BLDG-SIM] Increased R value Credit for Concrete and Themal Massing

Murray Milne milne at ucla.edu
Wed Dec 3 17:00:10 PST 2003

Re. Mass/Insulation Discussion:

We have on our web site (see below) a free program called OPAQUE that
allows you to graphically assemble wall sections made up of mass and
insulation in any combinations and thicknesses, and it will plot the hourly
heat gain through the wall, plus hourly outdoor air temperature and solar
gains for the orientation you choose... It also calculates the U factor,
time lag and decrement...

Murray Milne
Murray Milne          		                                     Research
Professor
UCLA,  Department of Architecture and Urban Design, Los Angeles, 90095
             NEW UCLA Office   Voice: (310)206-7021     Fax: (310)825-8959
             Malibu Office  Voice: (310)454-7328          E-mail:
milne at ucla.edu
All our  ENERGY DESIGN TOOLS  software can be downloaded free from:
             http://www.aud.ucla.edu/energy-design-tools
Please try HEED, Home Energy Efficient Design, and give us your thoughts:
             http://www.aud.ucla.edu/heed