[BLDG-SIM] getting the whole design team into the performance assessment game.

Jon Hand jon at esru.strath.ac.uk
Wed Feb 12 12:07:47 PST 2003

I have been following the dialog on getting Architects interested in and
competent with simulation. Members of the list might like to see another
way design professionals in Europe are exploring simulation by visiting
the Scottish Energy Systems Group site <http://www.sesg.strath.ac.uk>.
SESG is the Scottish affiliate of IBPSA.

We do this via supported technology deployments which put computers
with relevant simulation software and simulation staff into design
practices (from one-man-bands to multi-national practices) so that
practitioners can better evaluate simulation and/or increase their
skills in simulation in the context of actual projects.

Last year we managed dozens of deployments for our members, provided
training for even more practitioners on a range of simulation tools.
Not only is simulation is getting used, vendors are selling quite
a bit of software. If you are interested, the web page has instructions
for getting the SESG newsletter.

-Jon Hand, SESG