[BLDG-SIM] DOE-2 Hourly Information sought

Aulbach, John JAulbach at semprasolutions.com
Thu Jul 31 15:54:11 PDT 2003

I am trying to ascertain the effect that outside air has on the energy load
of a school. There are 27 air units I am running as SZRH (and they really DO
have reheat coils versus a heating coil).

By the way, I input the outside air requirements at the ZONE level (actually
one ZONE corresponds to one SYSTEM).

In my perusal of hourly parameters, there really is no specific component
for outside air ANYTHING shown. I have attempted to use the Return Air Temp
and the Mixed Air Temp, along with the fixed Total Supply, Return, and
Outside air volumes to do a mass balance, thus determining the OSA cooling
and heating energy components.

But the hourly data shows the Return and Mixed Temperatures almost
identical. Because I put the Outside Air in the ZONE command, is it acting
like Infiltration? Should I be bringing it into the SYSTEM level instead?

John R. Aulbach, PE, CEM
Project Engineer
Sempra Energy Solutions
555 West Fifth Street
Mail Location 27F3
Los Angeles, CA 90013
Tel: (213) 244-8551 Cell (213) 219-4875

"Sempra Energy Solutions is not the same company as SDG&E/ SoCalGas, the
Utilities.  Sempra Energy Solutions is not regulated by the California
Public Utilities Commission, and you do not have to buy Sempra Energy
Solutions products or services to continue to receive quality regulated
service from the Utilities."