[BLDG-SIM] EQuest (DOE-2.2) Enhancement Funding

Graham & Megan hamnmegs at ozemail.com.au
Mon Jul 21 03:33:56 PDT 2003

I am trying to gain financial support to have some particular enhancements made to the DOE-2.2 engine and EQuest interface supported by JJ Hirsch & Associates.  These include:
1) Metric input and output units
2) Southern hemishpere daylight savings (avoids doubling schedule input)
3) Allowing supply temperature to be passed when using OA-FROM-SYSTEM rather than return temperature only.  This is useful in modelling tempered outdoor air systems for 4-pipe fan coil units or in modelling systems that share a common outdoor air economiser section.
4) Allowing the Induction Unit system supply temperature control to be reset to meet the heating needs of the zone of greatest heating demand.  This is needed to correctly model the heating and reheating (following dehumidification) passive / active chilled beam systems.  Currently you have to control heating on an outdoor reset schedule and you cannot use this to reheat when supply temperature is dropped for dehumidification.

I can gain some financial support from within my company, but require financial support from others to make it happen.  If anyone is interested in supporting some or all of these enhancements and would like to further details or to discuss further please do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards,
Graham Carter
Bovis Lend Lease - Sustainability Unit
+62 2 9236 6347