[BLDG-SIM] Bulilding Simulation Software for Pools

Marcus Sheffer sheffer at paonline.com
Fri Jun 13 06:40:50 PDT 2003

To my knowledge none of the typical energy simulation software can
adequately simulate natatorium energy use.

We have done energy simulation work for numerous natatoriums using custom
software we have crated for this purpose.  Typically we have used it to
analyze various HVAC options.  There is US DOE-funded software available
free to analyze the use of pool covers and solar water heating -
http://www.eere.energy.gov/rspec/software.html

To simulate the whole building we combine the results from our software
with PowerDOE results for the remainder of the facility.

At 09:58 AM 06/13/2003 -0300, you wrote:
>Dear Group:
>
>I am looking at a 50.000 indoor pool and my question is this:
>Would Visual DOE be the preferred tool to simulate the building.  It will
>have a dehumidifcation heat pump for the pool and a combination of
>distributed heat pumps and radiant floor water to water heat pumps fed by
>an open loop system.
>
>Thanks
>
>Dave Stewart

Marcus B. Sheffer                          energy & environmental consulting
Energy Opportunities                     717-292-2636
1200 E Camping Area Road            Fax: 717-292-0585
Wellsville, PA USA 17365-9783        sheffer at sevengroup.com
a Seven Group member company    www.sevengroup.com