[BLDG-SIM] eQUEST Question: Perimeter and Core

Gerald Pde geraldpde at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 23 10:27:15 PST 2003

I am simulating a building with eQUEST and I am having
some problems to read the amount of energy consumption
 in the perimeter and the core. To tackle this
problem, I installed 2 systems specifically for the
core and the perimeter spaces and also installed a
second electric meter that will read energy
consumption at the perimeters. I was surprized to find
that the tools did not split the energy use in the
core and perimeter as I expected it. It summed up all
the HVAC into the default meter and only split lights
and small power into the other meter leaving HVAC at
the second meter to "0".
does anyone know another way to split energy use in
the perimeter and the core so that I coul look only at
the core specifically?
thanks.