[bldg-sim] Integrated air distribution system

Mark E. Case mcase at etcgrp.com
Thu Sep 11 09:33:55 PDT 2003

I'm looking for information on structurally integrated air distribution
systems (for want of a better term). I seem to remember reference to a
building that had the air distribution integrated into the floor slab at
one of JE Braun's presentations on building mass thermal storage. The
idea was to more effectively couple the air system with the building's
thermal mass. I know some related work has been done with raised floor
systems over concrete slabs but that's not really what I'm thinking of.

I opened my big mouth at a design concept meeting for a local green
project, the architect thought WOW!, and now the engineer wants some
references.  Imagine that.
Any references would be appreciated.

Mark E. Case, President
etc Group, Inc.
3481 South 2300 East
Salt Lake City, UT 84109
801-278-1927, 801-278-1942(F)

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE This e-mail transmission, and any documents,
files or previous e-mail messages attached to it may contain
confidential information that is legally privileged.  If you are not the
intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering it to the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure,
copying, distribution or use of any of the information contained in or
attached to this transmission is strictly prohibited.  If you have
received this transmission in error, please immediately notify us by
telephone at (801) 278-1927 and destroy the original transmission and
its attachments without reading them. Thank you.