[bldg-sim] Solar shading, fritted glass / louvre shading comparison

Mona Fanni monafanny at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 15 06:40:52 PDT 2003

Dear
  I beleive that the thermal properties such as U-
value, solar transmittance , emmittance and
absorptance and the shading coefficient is dfferent
for both frit glass and the louvers , it is nessacery
to read the industry company' technical brochaure and
calculate the solar heat gain by the thermal
properties values given by it with the help of ASHRRAE
handbook of fundamentals Chapter" Fenestration".

Dr. Mona Ahmed Fanny
Researcher in the Building Physics dep.
Building Research Center, 87 Tahreer street, P.O.Box
1770, Dokki, Cairo, Egypt.
Fax: 202 3351564
Tel 202 3356853-3356722

--- Christian Struck