[BLDG-SIM] Modeling Add-On Desiccant with eQuest

Don Wolfe dwolfe at burnsmcd.com
Tue Apr 27 13:11:27 PDT 2004

I am trying to model, using eQuest, a low humidity area. The space is
served by several air handlers each with a desiccant dryer (Lithium
Chloride) attached. In eQuest the air handlers are modeled as reheat fan
systems, and the desiccant type is Solid-Vent-1.  The control mode is 0
and the air flow fraction is 0.95.  I have the max humidity set point at
30% RH, but the output from the program indicates that the rooms are
running between 40 and 49 percent RH.  Base on the hourly reporting I
have set up it doesn't appear that the desiccant is doing anything.

I was wondering if anybody has had experience modeling add-on desiccant
in eQuest and could shed some light on what I am missing here.  Any

Don Wolfe
Burns & McDonnell
Voice:  (816) 822-3314
   Fax:   (816) 822-3519