[BLDG-SIM] Modeling 100% OA VAV systems in eQuest

Keir Howell keirh at bluestoneenergy.com
Mon Aug 30 08:25:55 PDT 2004

MessageHello. Whenever I try to model a VAV system with 100% OA in eQuest, I end up with a constant volume system. It seems to be multiplying the Minimum OA Ratio (which I have set at 1.00) by the design air flow, rather than the hourly air flow, even though I have set the Minimum OA Method to "Fraction of Hourly Flow". As far as I know, I have not set any other variables (such as zonal settings) that might override the system settings. Please help. Thanks,

Keir Howell
Bluestone Energy Services, Inc.
phone:    781-356-8865
fax:    781-356-8864