[BLDG-SIM] metal bracing in wood construction

Leo Rainer lirainer at davisenergy.com
Tue Aug 31 11:20:20 PDT 2004

Smita,

I suggest you take a look at the report that Enermodal did on residential
framing factors. The PIER funded part of the study is at:
http://www.energy.ca.gov/pier/buildings/projects/400-00-002-0.html

This is part of a national level study they did for ASHRAE. There should be
some data in there on the effect of various types of bracing.

Regards,

         Leo Rainer
         Senior Engineer