[BLDG-SIM] Modeling 100% OA VAV systems in eQuest

Sheila Sagerer sagerer at paonline.com
Mon Aug 30 11:29:39 PDT 2004

MessageBelow I have inserted part of the eQuest help screen for the minimum
OA schedule:

Minimum Outside Air Schedule

Specifies the ratio of minimum outside air flow to Supply Air Flow for each
hour.

If the value in the schedule is a fraction, this specifies the minimum
outside air damper position as a ratio of the design supply air flow rate.
In addition, this enables the economizer.

Since the OA damper position is based on the system design flow, this
definition explains why a schedule specifying 1.00 24/7 converts the VAV to
a constant volume system.  I don't know if this would work but if I was you,
I would first try to set the min OA ratio at 1.00 with the min OA method at
"Fraction of Hourly Flow" and eliminate the OA schedule altogether.  Please
let me know what you find.

Thanks and Good Luck,

Sheila Sagerer
Energy Engineer, LEED AP