[bldg-sim] Outdoor Swimming Pool heating load

mail at smitagupta.com mail at smitagupta.com
Wed Jul 28 10:29:03 PDT 2004

Hi,

Can anyone guide me to the calculations of the heating load for an outdoor
swimming pool to be added to an hourly space heating load profile for
total? Is there a way to simulate that in eQuest or do I have to calculate
separately and increase the space heating hourly values accordingly.

The information I found on the internet for sizing pool heaters indicates
12 Btu/hr per sq ft exposed area per deg difference in pool and air
temperature, which I have tried to use and increament the hourly load.
Please advise if this is a reasonable number.

Thanks,

-Smita
@smitagupta.com