[BLDG-SIM] Cooling load in EPlus not similar to RESFEN3.1

Jeff Haberl jhaberl at esl.tamu.edu
Thu Jul 8 08:31:24 PDT 2004

Hello:

I don't doubt that you get something like this...probably something in the
assumptions of your file. We've had similar experiences trying to match
other "calculators".

Try it with the ESL's calculator (which is locked-down for Houston...but
this will get you close...) and see what you get. The ESL's calculator is
being developed for the EPA and the TCEQ to calculate emissions reductions
from implementation of the IECC 2000 in residential and 90.1-1999 in
commercial. The calculator uses a code-compliant DOE-2 engine that we've
tested against RESFEN, MECCheck and LBNL's Energy Saver. Our new calculator
is due out August 31st, 2004 and will feature single-family, multi-family,
office, retail, solar thermal, solar PV, municipal (water, waste-water,
street lights, traffic lights, wind) and a before-after monthly utility bill
analysis.

I'd be interested to see what you get.

"eslsb5ec.tamu.edu".

Jeff Haberl