[BLDG-SIM] daylight in fully-glazed buildings

Reinhart, Christoph Christoph.Reinhart at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
Tue Jun 29 05:02:55 PDT 2004

Hi Raquel,

The following paper might be a good starting point.

Issac Guedi Capeluto, "The influence of the urban environment on the
availability of daylighting in office buildings in Israel", Building and
Environment 38 (2003) 745 -752.

For your simulations you need to use Radiance as you want to investigate
specular reflectances from neighboring buildings.

Instead of using the "standard" Radiance i.e. considering only one sky
condition at a time, you might further consider to use a "dynamic"
Radiance-based method such as Daysim or Adeline.

Christoph

Christoph Reinhart, Ph.D.                        tel: (613) 993-9703
Research Officer                                 fax: (613) 954-3733
Institute for Research in Construction           e-mail:
christoph.reinhart at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
National Research Council Canada                 1200 Montreal Road M-24,
Ottawa
Ontario K1A 0R6 Canada
Daylighting Analysis Software:
The Lightswitch Wizard (initial design)   www.buildwiz.com