[BLDG-SIM] Certified Energy Engineer or Professional

K Emerson kemerson2002 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 23 14:48:54 PDT 2004

Just got back from vacation and saw your note.  As I
think an earlier note mentioned, to my knowledge there
is no certification program for simulation experts.
It's an interesting thought though.

For energy conservation work, the first choice is
professional engineering registration at the State
level.

Another choice is the Certified Energy Manager (CEM)
registration from the Association of Energy Engineers.
 It involves a less rigorous test than for a PE and
some years of work in the energy conservation field.
Maintenance involves continuing education.  Contact
the AEE in Atlanta for further information.  The CEM
rating has had some success in being adopted at the
State and Federal level as a way to show credibility
in energy efficiency contracting work.  It is not an
alternative to professional engineer registration as
far as the preparation of engineering documents, etc.

Depending on what you're working on, US Green Building
Council's LEED certification can also be worthwhile.

Good Luck!