[BLDG-SIM] Kiawe/Mesquite/Prosopis sp. Design Values

Dean Scott Johnston djohnsto at hawaii.edu
Tue Mar 30 10:48:18 PST 2004

Aloha,
I realize this is a little off the Bldg-Sim focus, but.
We are hoping to use local Hawaiian Kiawe (same as Southern U.S.
Mesquite)structurally as posts in a residence, and we have not been
able to locate design values for our engineers.
Ideally this data would come from a recognized testing lab...

Thanks,

Dean Johnston m.arch.
EcoArchitecture llc
djohnsto at hawaii.edu