[BLDG-SIM] ground source heat pump in eQUEST

Liu, Bing Bing.Liu at pnl.gov
Fri Mar 19 09:31:14 PST 2004

Smita,
Here are some steps to lead you to model GSHP system in eQuest:
1. Set up eQuest to Detailed Data Edit Mode
2. Go to Water-Side HVAC tab
3. At the left side of menu, right click Project,  then select Create
Circulation Loop. Use Water Loop Heat Pump type for GSHP system.
Exchanger, a window screen will pop up for all the detail design inputs
of GSHP system.

Tips:
1. Download Ground Loop HP Curves from
http://www.doe2.com/download/eQUEST/
2. Make sure you have enough accurate GSHP system design data for your
eQuest modeling.  eQuest has no capability to autosize GSHP systems as
it does to other conventional HVAC systems.

Good Luck!

Bing

Bing Liu, PE, CEM
LEED Accredited Professional