[BLDG-SIM] Residential Air Conditioner Standard Conditions

Ian Doebber idoebber at vt.edu
Mon May 3 08:10:22 PDT 2004

I am trying to model a standard packaged Air Conditioner for my residence.  I am interested in the typical air conditions right after it exits the cooling coil.  I am mainly interested in how reduced the temperature should be below my set point temperature (I have seen roughly 15-25 F below), my air flow rate per ton of cooling (I have seen roughly 350-450 cfm/ton), and what the humidity ratio should be (right now I have set it at 0.0094).  Also, what is a typical Sensible Heating Ratio for a residential air conditioner (right now I'm geting ~75%) and if anyone could give me their estimation for the ton of cooling for a 2275 ft2 house in Atlanta would be that would be great.  Finally, other then ASHRAE Fundamentals, are there any other standard ratings for the exiting air conditions and where could I find them.

Thanks
Ian Doebber
Masters Student
Virginia Tech