[BLDG-SIM] exporting screen images from equest

Sangeetha Divakar sangeetha_divakar at yahoo.com
Wed May 26 17:56:59 PDT 2004

Thanks to y'all. It works great.

Michael, we don't have equest in our curriculum but I am using it for modeling a small part of my studio design project.
Sangeetha

Scott Criswell <Scott.Criswell at doe2.com> wrote:
One minor addition to Brian's first "Ctrl-C" suggestion - this is specific to the 3-D display and does not work for the 2-D display.
And one other 3-D display option - again click in the background of the 3-D display view (so that this view receives keyboard inputs) and press "j".  This automatically generates a JPEG image and posts it into the project directory by the name "<project name> - 3d-#.jpg", where # is a unique integer, counting up from 1 to preserve previsouly stored images.  Also regarding the JPEG export - whatever portion of the construction/glass legend that overlays the 3-D diagram will also get stored to the JPEG.

I also second Mike's suggestion about changing the background color to white before storing and using these images.  The option to toggle the 3-D background color from balck to white is on the "3-D View Details" tab of the Project Data tabbed dialog.

- Scott

Brian Fountain wrote:

For the building shell tab, you can point to somewhere in the background of the building (not selecting a building element), the press Ctrl-C.  This captures a .bmp of the building shell screen which you can paste into Paint, Word, Excel etc.

For the other screens (i.e. air-side, water-side etc.), pressing Alt-PrtSc give you a bitmap image of the current active window.  You can then paste this into Paint and trim away the component tree, toolbars etc. if you just want the systems view.

The results summary reports can also be copied and pasted.  Right-clicking on a graph in the summary report gives the option to Copy the graph which can then be pasted as a bitmap.  Right-clicking on the summary report tables allows you to copy either the entire table or the selected cells and will paste them (parsed!) into Excel etc.

Hope this helps.

Brian Fountain

bfountain at canada.com

GreenSim

(905)639-6014 - voice  |  (905)639-0443 - fax