[BLDG-SIM] LEED points

Mike Tillou miket at etcgrp.com
Wed May 19 12:07:01 PDT 2004

Varkie,

If you review Addendum E of ASHRAE 90.1-2001 (available as free download
from ASHRAE website) it addresses these issues you are asking.  While
LEED has not officially adopted this addendum as a simulation
methodology it is my understanding that that is why it was developed.
If you follow the approach outlined in this document I don't think USGBC
will take issue with your simulation.  Please don't quote me on that, I
am certainly not trying to speak for USGBC.

I have used the methodology several times and it provides clear guidance
on how to create the baseline model and the proposed building model.
Most importantly you can easily document your modeling assumptions so
that when questioned you can reference the methodology.

Good Luck,

Mike

Michael Tillou, PE
LEED AP