[BLDG-SIM] Simulation on Thermal Energy Storage using DOE2.2

Martin Yip yipch at emsd.gov.hk
Wed Nov 24 00:02:44 PST 2004

Dear Bldg-sim Subscribers,

I recently simulated an air cooled chiller plant with cold water tank
thermal energy storage using DOE 2.2.  I originally expected some energy
saving due to improve chiller COP at night charging the storage when
compare it with a system without storage.  However, the results showed
an energy penalty of a few percentages even though hourly data actually
showed COP improvement during charging.  I have already set the loss
coefficient to zero for the TES.  I should be most grateful if anyone
can comment on this issue and provide some suggestion.

Thanks

Martin YIP
Engineer
EMSD, HKSAR