[BLDG-SIM] Windows Shading Coefficient

Maurizio Sorce ksorce at tin.it
Sat Nov 13 06:58:40 PST 2004

Dear users, I have some questions for you:

1) I'm currently modelling in PREBID a residential building for which the montly Shading Coefficients on the windows have been calculated with the software ECOTECT. I insert the SC in the appropriate field ("external shading coefficient") as an input and set the "view factor" to 0,5 (vertical surfaces). It's the exact way? My doubt is that the solar incident radiation is halved (view factor = 0,5) and then reduced of the SC...

2) It's possible to use old TESS libraries with TRNSYS 16 or are they already comprised in the new version?

Eng. Maurizio Sorce
Department of Energy and Environmental Research (DREAM)
Università degli Studi di Palermo
(+39) 3495386296