[BLDG-SIM] Simulating a Dedicated Outside Air Handler in eQuest

Galen Staengl gstaengl at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 12 10:55:39 PDT 2004

I am having difficulty simulating a dedicated outside air handler in eQuest.
I would like to simulate a DOA unit that supplies OA to zones conditioned by
Fan Coil units.  The DOA unit would then except the exhaust air from the
zones and run it through a heat recovery device.  I have the following
questions:

1) I assume I need to specify the amount of OSA required at the zone.  Do I
need to specify an exhaust volume at the zone as well?  If I do, how does
DOE2 know that it is returned to the DOA unit?

2) I have set up a zone for the DOA unit.  Do I specify the TOTAL OSA flow
rate for the DOA unit at this zone?  Or just the OSA I want to supply to the
zone?  Should I specify an exhaust volume from the DOA unit's zone?

Any suggestions and tips are appreciated.  So far, I haven't been able to
get the heat recovery working, and I don't think the outside air is being
handled as I intend it to be.

Thanks,

 Galen Staengl, P.E.

  129 Goodman St.