[BLDG-SIM] heat recovery in eQuest

Renee J. Azerbegi renee at ambient-e.com
Wed Apr 13 13:38:00 PDT 2005

I am having trouble modeling heat recovery in eQuest. For this project, it
is a 100% outside air constant volume system (a base case) for a multi-zone
laboratory air handling unit with heat recovery added to it (50%
effectiveness, cross-flow). My cooling load increases significantly and my
heating load decreases significantly for a total change in energy cost of 1%
INCREASE. Has anyone run into this issue with eQuest? I've used heat
recovery before in eQuest and it never seems to change the energy results by
more than 1 or 2%, however basic hand calculations show much higher savings
typically.

Thanks much!

Renee Azerbegi