[bldg-sim] EQUEST: AHU and Geothermal Heat Pump configuration

Gerald Pde geraldpde at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 4 08:56:29 PDT 2005

Hi All,
I am working on a project where the air is delivered
to the building by means of several built-up AHU’s,
each of which will serve a distinct conditioning zone
within the building.  The AHU’s are designed to have
outside air (OA) enter the unit and pass through an
energy recovery wheel (ERW) which pretreats the
outside air and also can be supplied with 100% Outdoor
Air for both cooling and ventilation needs. Chilled
water and hotwater for cooling and heating coils in
the AHU is supplied by ground coupled heat pumps.

How would I model this system using EQUEST where the
AHU is connected to a geothermal heat pump.

Also, does anyone know of a configuration  where a
geothermal well system is  coupled with a displacement
ventilation system especially in a climate like New
England. If so, how did the boiler and Fin tube
Radiation tie into and how does the system perform to
date?

Thanks
Gerald