[bldg-sim] eQuest: Two speed AHU

Graham & Megan hamnmegs at ozemail.com.au
Tue Apr 5 14:12:03 PDT 2005

Pedro,
If the low speed mode is for night cooling only (i.e. full speed during
occupied hours), then you should be able to use the night cycling keywords
(see NIGHT-CYCLE-CTRL).  I haven't applied these to a constant volume system
such as SZRH, but I believe these will allow you to simulate your problem.
I would suggest looking carefully at hourly reports to make sure the night
purge is working as you envisaged as overcooling can easily lead to an
unwanted heating load; you can play with seasonal heating setpoints to
overcome some of this ...
Regards,
Graham