[bldg-sim] comparison between trnsys and energyplus

davide marino dademarino at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 08:34:03 PST 2005

Dear users,

I am making a comparison between trnsys and energyplus.
In this comparison I am simulating a simple building (two rooms) in free
floating (with infiltration and ventilation constant;with internal gains;
without any plant).
I am using EPW file (Palermo-Puntaraisi).
In transys the temperature of the inside air of every thermal zone has an
increasing course up to around midday and then it decreases.
In Energyplus there are instead two peaks (one toward midday and another in
the late afternoon)
The second peak is anomalous.Which is the cause of this?
I have tried to remove internal gains with schedule or the windows but the
problem  remains.
Can someone help me?

Thanks in advance,

Marino Davide.