[bldg-sim] Green Building Studio

Vikram Sami VSami at lasarchitect.com
Mon Dec 19 20:02:08 PST 2005

Maybe I am being naive & optimistic, but don't sell your home yet. (I am saying this partly because I am in the process of buying one). I think it sounds like a useful tool, but I seriously doubt it will replace simulators. At the end of the day, what people pay us for is not the ability to run the program (pretty much anyone can do that), but the ability to analyze the results from the program. Also, useful as it sounds, I don't think it has the capability to be as interactive as dealing one on one with a person, and asking project specific questions.

I for one look at any innovation in our field as a positive thing. Ultimately, if we can get more high performance buildings out there, everyone wins.

Vikram Sami,  LEED AP
Direct Phone 404-253-1466 | Direct Fax  404-253-1366

LORD, AECK & SARGENT ARCHITECTURE
Responsive Design * Technological Expertise * Exceptional Service
www.lordaecksargent.com <file://www.lordaecksargent.com>