[bldg-sim] Interior baffle modeling with DOE-2

Younju Yoon yjy101 at psu.edu
Wed Feb 9 07:22:42 PST 2005

Dear bldg-sim users,

I am modeling a building with south-facing roof monitors combined with
interior baffles spaced to shield all direct sunlight using DOE 2.1E. I had
an excessive fan sizing without modeling interior baffles. I think I should
include them in the modeling, but my questions are

(1)    Should an individual interior baffle be modeled? or

(2)    Can I use a shading coefficient value to account for the reduction in
the entry of solar radiation due to interior baffles? If so, what value
would be appropriate?

Any comment will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Younju