[BLDG-SIM] Job Posting

Alec Stevens astevens at dmiinc.com
Fri Jul 8 07:32:22 PDT 2005

HVAC/Mechanical Engineer - Energy Efficiency Consultant

Demand Management Institute (DMI) is seeking to expand its engineering staff
currently working to improve efficiency and reduce energy consumption in
facilities throughout New England.

Established in 1989, DMI is an independently-owned engineering-based
consulting firm providing assistance in the improvement of energy efficiency
for commercial, industrial, and institutional clients. With our attention to
detail and quality, we have established ourselves as one of the most
respected energy engineering firms in New England.

Our primary work efforts include energy efficiency analysis in support of
utility rebate programs, design direction assistance for architects and
mechanical designers, commissioning activities for developers and building
owners, and program evaluation services for the utilities.

The ideal candidate will have a BS in Engineering and the following
qualifications:

-Strong analytical abilities

-Mechanical aptitude

-Strong technical writing and oral communications skills with emphasis on
report writing and documentation of results

-Experience with industrial processes and/or HVAC/R design and construction

-Experience with building energy modeling

-Field metering/monitoring of energy systems

-On-site field experience including checkout and/or commissioning

-Cost estimation

-Familiarity with utility rebate programs

Demonstrated motivation to contribute to energy efficiency and the capacity
to learn quickly may substitute for lack of related experience.

Please forward resume by email to employment at dmiinc.com to the attention of
Wade McLaughlin, PE.