[BLDG-SIM] Weather and Solar Data - Manila, PHILIPPINES For ASEAM ENERGY ANALYSIS PROGRAM

Joe Huang yjhuang at lbl.gov
Tue Jul 19 13:05:11 PDT 2005

Hector,

Your mesage is ironic, because back in the late 1980's, my laboratory (LBNL) held a month-long training workshop for researchers from ASEAN nations, including from the Phillipines, in the use of the ASEAM program.  But ASEAM is a very old program by now, and I'm not sure if it's still being supported (originally developed by Fleming Associates).  Do you know the format of the weather files that ASEAM uses ?  I think it's binned data, so it should be possible to generate the data from hourly sources such as the IWEC (International Weather for Energy Calculations) file for Manila.

Joe