[BLDG-SIM] eQUEST Preheat/Heating-Capacity in System Warning

Mitchell Dec mdec at glumac.com
Tue Jun 7 12:14:00 PDT 2005

Hello All,

I have received the following error message from a model I am currently
working on in Portland, Oregon.  The first floor is a veterinary clinic with
a single Packaged VAV System with 100% OA and ERV.  I have checked the
inputs and loads as described at the end of the error warning without
obtaining a solution.

**WARNING*******************************************************************
***

PREHEAT/HEATING-CAPACITY in SYSTEM 1st Floor (RTU-1 VAV)

is too low to provide the requested supply temperature for

the calculated mixed air temperature using total ZONE loads

(on LS-A/B) and SYSTEM design parameters, plus outside air

conditions (on LS-C), and specified capacities & air flows.

Requested temperature is 55.00 calculated is 22.76

Check HEATING-CAPACITY, HEAT-SET-T, PRE-HEAT-T, MAX-SUPPLY-T,

DESIGN-HEAT-T, and ZONE loads for consistency.

Has anyone ever encountered this message?  and if so, do you have any
suggestions as to how this can be resolved.  This has caused a significant
cooling load increase and heating load decrease.

I would greatly appreciate any help that could aid me.

Thanks,

Mitchell J. Dec
Energy Analyst
503.345.6283 | mdec at glumac.com <mailto:mdec at glumac.com>