[BLDG-SIM] WLHPs and Hot Water

Mike Tillou miket at etcgrp.com
Thu Jun 16 19:49:34 PDT 2005

Fred,

DOE 2.2 is capable of using a schedule with a unique value for each hour
of the year.  This allows capabilities similar to the file-load feature
in DOE2.1e.  This is a good way to assign an external load to a
circulation loop.

For anyone interested I have attached a template for an hourly value
schedule to use in DOE2.2.  It has 53 weeks and 375 days.  The annual
week end-dates are currently set up for 2005.  The holidays are not set
up to match their corresponding day, that would have to be done by the
user.

The schedule I included is a fraction schedule so you will need to
normalize your data similar to the method for making performance curves.
I mentioned one way of doing this in my earlier email.

I recommend making changes within the template first and then importing
the file into your DOE2.2/equest project.

I recently used this to model the performance of an ERV system on a heat
pump

Regards,

Mike

Michael Tillou, PE