[BLDG-SIM] help for simulation of strawbale house

Jon McHugh mchugh at h-m-g.com
Thu May 26 16:50:30 PDT 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: Nehemiah Stone
Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2005 2:57 PM
To: Jon McHugh; bldg-sim at gard.com; postman at gard.com
Subject: RE: [BLDG-SIM] help for simulation of strawbale house

 The tests cited below were for BALES, not bale wall construction.  The
most reliable tests on bale wall construction was done at ORNL circa
1997.  It was written up in a report to the California Energy Commission
and in a paper delivered at the 1998 ACEEE Summer Study on Buildings.
Authors: Nehemiah Stone and Tav Commins.
The R-value is about R-33.  The thermal lag is about 12-15 hours for a
standard (22") bale wall.
Hope this helps.

Nehemiah Stone
Senior Project Manager