[bldg-sim] 3 Systems in one zone.

Albert Sitorus asitorus at glumac.com
Tue Nov 8 09:16:19 PST 2005

Hello everybody,

First of all thank you so much for the responses. Although, I may have left
out some important info. These 3 systems are the same systems with different
capacities. I could make three different zones entirely, but it would effect
the simulation run-time at the end. Another reason is that these three
systems serves common areas which will have the same temperature set points,
controls, etc. To lump these three zones is a good way to cut down on
simulation run-time and set-up time. Last but not least, It is also
encouraged to lump the same systems together from training that my colleague
had in the past. However, please let me know if this practice is not
appropriate. If so, I will raise this question during eQuest training in the
coming week (11/18 in Portland).

The area of this zone is small comparing to the entire building. I agree
with Bob, to add and average the EER/HSPF sounds like a fine method for a
quick and dirty simulation for one out of 10 zones. But if there are other
methods, I am still interested to hear them. Once again thank you so much
for the responses.

Albert T. Sitorus
Energy Analyst

 <http://www.glumac.com/>