[bldg-sim] Ground temperatures

Bharath Krishna Karambakkam krishna at cdhenergy.com
Mon Oct 31 06:43:40 PST 2005

Hi,

I am Trying the replicate the ground temperatures calculated by DOE2. This calculation is briefly stated in the Second last paragraph on page 154 of the DOE Topics manual. It is stated that ground temperatures are average outside air temperatures damped and delayed by three months. I am wondering about two aspects.
1) How many days average is the average temperature.
2) How are the temperatures damped.

     I could not find these details in the DOE2 manual. Could anyone please let me know how the ground temperatures are calculated or provide any reference to it.
     I am aware of the Kasuda model for calculating the ground temperatures but it has a draw back that we need to know some parameters in order to use it.

Any help appreciated.
Thank you,

Krishna