[bldg-sim] Overhead Radiant Heaters

Mike Tillou miket at etcgrp.com
Fri Oct 28 07:04:38 PDT 2005

Hi all,

I am currently modeling an overhead radaiant heating system in a large
industrial building.  The application is similar to a Public Works
garage, large overhead clearence (50' center height), insulated metal
building, space doesn't have to be heated but they need heating for
employees at the ground level.

I plan on using DOE2.2 because I don't have the budget for using a more
appropriate modeling tool.

Does anyone have good ideas about how to approach this using a DOE 2.2
model?

My initial thoughts have focused on reducing the space temperature
setpoint but how much is appropriate 2 degrees , 5 degrees or 10 degrees
?   Are there any papers or articles that discuss air temp vs mean
radiant temp of the surrounding mass while using overhead radiant
heaters?

Many thanks in advance for any help/guidance that can be offered.

Mike

Michael Tillou, PE
etc Group, Inc.
PO Box 7, Williamstown, MA 01267