[bldg-sim] data monitoring question

Rohini Brahme rbrahme at harc.edu
Thu Oct 27 09:41:34 PDT 2005

We have the following configuration for data collection:

The logger gets power from the grid (i.e. no battery). Some sensors are
hooked directly to the logger, others are connected to a 4-20mA adapter
using cat5 and then the logger. The sensors are located throughout the
house, and they also get their power from the grid (i.e. no battery).
For some reason there is power outage almost every other day at the site
- post Rita, and it is creating havoc with our monitoring. The 4-20 mA
adapters are one-by-one going bust - resistor is getting burnt.

Any ideas/suggestions on what we could do differently to avoid the
problems? One idea is to get everything on batteries (sensor and
logger).

Thanks
Rohini

Rohini Brahme