[bldg-sim] Action Alert! How should "qualified energy analysts" be certified for the new Federal commercial tax incentives?

Norm Weaver norm_weaver at interwvr.com
Mon Oct 31 08:59:44 PST 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: Norm Weaver [mailto:norm_weaver at interwvr.com]
Sent: Friday, October 28, 2005 8:25 AM
To: 'Misuriello at ase.org'
Subject: RE: [bldg-sim] Action Alert! How should "qualified energy analysts"
be certified for the new Federal commercial tax incentives?

I would suggest two approaches recognizing the following - not all "energy
efficiency analysts" are good modelers (and some modelers are better
efficiency experts than the " certified experts").  I believe that if the
analysis is done under the supervision/sign-off of a certified individual
("PE, AIA") that this does not exclude non-certified modelers from doing the
work as is the case with other aspects of the design process.  An
alternative is to have a qualified team review and sign-off as is done with
LEED submittals .

Norm Weaver, P.E.
InterWeaver Consulting