[bldg-sim] Overhead Radiant Heaters

Alex Harvey alex at slow-coach.freeserve.co.uk
Fri Oct 28 12:37:20 PDT 2005

Steve makes a very incisive point.

Where comfort is largely due to radiant heat a very unstable situation can
result.

One only has to spend a day at the beach and observe the reaction of
holiday-makers when the sun disappears behind a cloud to vindicate this.

The time constant for radiant heat is desperately short compared to that of
the ambient temperature as determined by a thermostat. The resultant
oscillation in radiant heat provision could prove to be at no point
comfortable.

Alex Harvey