[bldg-sim] Generator Control

Bryce Munger bmunger at bhengineers.com
Thu Sep 15 09:12:51 PDT 2005

I am setting up an eQuest sim with a bio-diesel generator used onsite to
reduce the load.  I have an operation schedule defined by the electrical
engineer that is not 24/7.  On page 342 of the DOE22Vol3-Topics manual there
is an example of a 12-hour surplus sale operation sequence that looks like
this:

Gen-DS = DAY-SCHEDULE-PD
TYPE = FLAG
VALUES = (0,0,0,0,0,5,5,5, $ 0=don't run
                  5,5,5,5,5,5,5,5, $ 5=maximum output
                  5,0,0,0,0,0,0,0) ..

I couldn't find any reference to the values used in the flag schedule.  Does
"5" correspond to running at full capacity as defined in the
ELECTRIC-GENERATOR command?  Would values from 0-5 then be part capacity
operation?

Thanks,

Bryce Munger
Balzhiser & Hubbard Engineers
Mechanical - Electrical - Civil - Energy - Lighting - Surveying -
Commissioning - Sustainability
100 West 13th Avenue, Eugene, Oregon 97401  (541) 686-8478  fax (541)
345-5303