[bldg-sim] eQUEST: Space cooling question.

Gerald Pde geraldpde at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 10 00:48:09 PDT 2005

I have a generic single zone space which I am trying
to model eQUEST. The air-side is a fan coil unit and
the chiller is an absorption chiller which rejects
heat to a colling tower and a boiler that provides the
cooling. Most values are equest default values. Maybe
I am missing out something, but I haven't been able to
figure out in any of the simulation why I am getting a
significant cooling load in winter. I have tried to
find this out by removing all space loads and outside
air loads, but I still get cooling in winter. I know
its because of some system element which I am not
understanding. I tried this with a few system types,
like VAV, or single zone reheat and it was still
giving cooling energy.I tried removed all loads and
cooling potential, and there was a constant chunk of
space cooling energy in the system all the year round.
I know this cannot be any kind of space cooling and
has to be from some other source.  Can anyone enligten
me as to where this space cooling is comming from?
Your inputs are appreciated.
Gerald